I am back in Colorado (as of Tuesday evening)! I will be here for 7 weeks helping at the discipleship training school I attended last year (Ellerslie). I am excited to see what God has in store!
The past couple of weeks have been a whirlwind of activity. While I was preparing to leave for Colorado, my younger sister is preparing to leave for a five-month internship in Haiti. There was so much to fit in as this is the last time my family will be all together for a while.
Here is a roundup of some things I have been blessed by these past few weeks:
- The Viewpoint on Mormonism podcast. I have been devouring this podcast. After encountering a pair of Mormon missionaries at the beginning of this year I have continued studying their faith, not as a viable option, but because I desire to effectively share my faith with LDS. The hosts cover a variety of topics in a respectful manner. Their purpose being to equip the Body of Christ with answers regarding the LDS faith.
- Sharing the Good News with Mormons is a book by the ministry that hosts the podcast above. It is packed with practical ideas from 26 different contributors. Each chapter shares a different tool or strategy for evangelism. While written specifically focused on the LDS I have found that some of the strategies could also apply to those of other faiths, atheists, and agnostics. Highly recommended
! Iam encouraged by reading about Corrie ten Boom or books by her. She has a simple faith, one that reads the Bible and takes God at His Word. My sisters and I read her book Amazing Love together I finished it praying “Lord, I want to be more like Corrie.” I want to read the Bible and all the promises that are “Yes, and amen” in Christ and believe them. I want to see God move in miraculous ways in answer to prayer.
Lastly, as I begin a short season of serving at Ellerslie I have been meditating on some Scriptures.
- I will most gladly spend and be spent for your souls… (2 Corinthians 12:15)
- For you are dead and your life is hidden with Christ in God. (Colossians 3:3)
- Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God with surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:6-7)
- My God will supply every need of yours according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:19)
- Be still and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth! (Psalm 46:10)
It is not great faith we need, but faith in a great God.
It is great to be faced with the impossible, for nothing is impossible if one is meant to do it. Wisdom will be given, and strength. When the Lord leads, He always strengthens.